Thursday, June 3, 2010

The 'Right' Price

"Finding the right price points for selling photography or bidding on an assignment is the Holy Grail of the photography business.
What do you charge for licensing an image for an ad in a magazine, a billboard, or for a local merchant's Web site?
What about pricing a photo shoot of a parade for one of the corporate sponsors?
How about a wedding?
No matter what the product or the service, pricing is the most daunting problem facing all photographers in their first years, and it seems there is no sure-fire method to finding what works.
The natural thing to do is research price charts or guidelines, but as the industry has evolved and competition has grown, such data points are no longer reliable.
What's more, it's not that simple.
Even veteran professionals get frustrated by the volatility in pricing, not just among different clients, but in the way the same product can vary dramatically from one case to the next."

For the last few weeks I have been trying to restructure my pricing guide.
Such a daunting task. But I am wanting to break away from the normal pricing system and give you, my potential client, more choice and more options.

I have a good idea of how I am going to do it - I just need to put it to paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment