Saturday, February 5, 2011

Project 365

Over a year ago I realised that I was picking up my camera less and less on a regular basis, with the exception of paid shoots.
This was a concern to me, as when I first started out in photography I used to travel practically everywhere with my camera near by. [ almost an extention to my one arm! :) ]
I decided to embark on a journey.

And what a journery it was! Project 365 started on February 1st, 2010 and lasted ........... well you guessed it - 365 days! [ pat yourself if you got that one before I mentioned its duration! ;) ]



There were tough times of course - Lets back up a bit -

Project 365 would be me, Lee Folkard, taking and uploading a picture per day for 365 days. Any picture would do.

There were tough times and there were good times. TImes I'd gotten home at 23:45 and had 15 minutes to take the picture and upload it onto the computer and get it online. Weekends away when I had to haul the laptop with me to get my picture online. Load-shedding, and Internet issues - But all in all it was an amazing success!

A group is available on facebook with each days pictures. Feel free to check it out and to leave a comment.
Link -> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=282716443458

Looking back through all the pictures I can get a sense of achievement as I see pictures representing different ventures and frontiers passed by over the 365 days. Moments in time frozen to be looked back and recalled.


Photography. You gotta love it ;)

Next up: Top 12 Pictures in Project 365

No comments:

Post a Comment