Thursday, March 12, 2015

The exceptional #ProjectScouted judges – Azhar Suleman, the model on a mission

Twenty-two-year-old Azhar Suleman has achieved more than most at his age and has taken the Cape Town modelling scene by storm with his fresh face and strong work ethic. Having moved to Cape Town only almost a year ago, this Durban boy has made many inroads in the industry and understands what it takes to make a success of oneself in front of the camera. The second of the three judges to be revealed, Azhar, who works as a full-time model, has an evident passion for the industry that he will be bringing to the #ProjectScouted official judging panel.



Lee Folkard Photography: So many guys and girls dream of working as a model on a daily basis. What is it like working as a full-time model?
Azhar: It's interesting, every day is a new experience, meeting new people and sharing different stories. But of course, it isn’t all glamour all the time. It is very hard work and you get out what you put in!

LFP: How did you become a model? Was it something you always wanted to do?
Azhar: Modelling actually came as a surprise to me. I was always an introvert and very self-conscious so when I eventually found myself in the industry by chance, I was quite surprised. But now that I am here, I can’t imagine doing anything else.



LFP: Have you always lived in Cape Town? What is it like living in the city?
Azhar: I haven’t always lived in Cape Town. I'm originally from Durban and only moved up to Cape Town in April 2014. It goes without saying that Cape Town is a beautiful city. It’s filled with beautiful places to see and people to meet. There's always something new and different to do. And the food is also just incredible!

LFP: What has been your proudest moment as a model?
Azhar: I wouldn't say there's a specific moment that I'm proud of. But I do still get really excited when I see myself in a magazine! I don't think that that feeling could ever change!



LFP: What do you think is the secret behind a good photo?
Azhar: Team work. A model has to portray the imagination of the client and photographer.  The end-product may not look good to some, but it is important to always give the client what they want.

LFP: What is the most important thing you have learnt in your modelling career, be it about your profession or about life?
Azhar: I've learnt that no matter how many compliments or negativity you get from others; always stay true to who you are and remain grounded. And this applies to working as a model and also everyday life.



LFP: Any advice to the aspiring models that are participating in the Project?
Azhar: Confidence is your strongest weapon; always believe in yourself.

LFP: How did you hear about #ProjectScouted and what motivated you to agree to being a judge?
Azhar: When Lee asked me to join the panel of judges, I didn’t think twice. It’s so exciting to be a part of something so brilliant happening in my hometown. And #ProjectScouted is trending on all the social media at the moment, so how could I not have heard about it?

LFP: Are you willing to share some of the criteria you will be basing your judging on?
Azhar: Hmm... I think I’d like to keep those criteria a little secret.




Azhar’s motto “Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today” is one he bases his life on; he knows the value of every moment and of also carving one’s legacy. Perhaps this is a principle the #ProjectScouted ladies can also adopt along the way. Follow Azhar on Instagram @azhar_suleman and keep watching the Lee Folkard Photography page to see which girls make it through to Phase Four from Phase Three happening this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment